Born in Madrid (Spain) in 1970, Pedro graduated in International Economics at the Universidad Autónoma of Madrid (UAM) and the Amsterdam University (UVA) in 1995. He has worked as Investment Banker at the Spanish Development Bank (COFIDES) and at the European Development Finance Institutions (EDFI) in Brussels.
In 1999 he completed the MEGA Master in Audiovisual Management at the Media Business School.
He joined MORENA FILMS, one of the leading independent production companies in Spain (www.morenafilms.com), in 1999 as Associate Producer for the following films: THE CARPENTER’S PENCIL by Antón Reixa, THE BEST IS YET TO COME by David Blanco and José Semprún, DOG DAYS by Alvaro Capelo and GENTE PEZ by Jorge Iglesias. He also worked as Head of Business Affairs in ONE OF THE HOLLYWOOD TEN and INFERNO.
As Producer he has produced the following feature films:
- THE LAST DAYS (2011). In pre-production. Directed by Alex and David Pastor (‘CARRIERS’).
- LES ADIEUX À LA REINE (2011) In production. Directed by Benoît Jacquot. Cast: Diane Kruger, Léa Seydoux and Virginie Ledoyen. Co-production with GMT Productions (France). International Sales: Elle Driver.
- BON APPÉTIT (2009). Directed by David Pinillos. Cast: Unax Ugalde and Nora Tschirner. Coproduction with Egoli Tossell, Zodiac Pictures and Pixstar. Supported by Eurimages and Media. Distribution: Beta Cinema (international), Vertice 360 (Spain); Warner Germany, Impulse Switzerland and Mediaset Italy. 6 awards at the Malaga Film Festival. International release in Autumn 2010. GOYA Award 2010 BEST NEW DIRECTOR.
- AMERICA (2009). Directed by Joao Nuno Pinto. Cast: Fernando Luis and Chulpan Khamatova. Coproduction with Filmes do Fundo, Dezenove and 2Plan2. Supported by Ibermedia. International release in June 2011. International Sales: Latido.
- SALIR PITANDO (2007). Directed by Alvaro Fernández Armero. Cast: Guillermo Toledo and Javier Gutiérrez. Coproduction with Tele 5 and Columbia Pictures. Distributed by Columbia Pictures.
- FIN DE CURSO (AKA SCHOOL’S OUT) (2005). Directed by Miguel Martí. Cast: Jordi Vilches and Yohana Cobo. Coproduction with Acontraluz Films and Animatografo. International Sales: Visual Factory. Spanish Distribution: Manga Films.
- SLAM (2003). Directed by Miguel Martí. Cast: Iván Hermes and Tomás Fonzi. Coproduction with Mediapro. Distribution: Aurum Alliance Pictures.
He also regularly lectures in international forums on development, financing and co-production issues.
Pedro was selected by the ICAA to represent Spain at the 2004 “Producers on the Move” of the European Film Promotion.